Sunday, May 24, 2009

I have a baby.

So my parents do this foster care thing where once in a while they get an infant for a week or so, and right now we have this 6-month-old named Mitchelle (we're pronouncing it Michelle). Though I feel moderately ill-equipped, I'm starting her music education. We've danced around to Elton John, Springsteen, Nickel Creek, etc. Her favorite song so far is "Scarborough Fair" by Simon & Garfunkle, although she jumped up and down a little when "Happy Ending" by Mika came on (I had a similar reaction when I first heard it). 

I'll post some pictures of her once I find a camera cord. 

Any advice on other artists for her to listen to? And keep it PG-rated; as Regina Spektor said when she didn't cuss at that one show by her I went to, I don't want to be responsible for showing her how the world works. 

1 comment:

  1. Joni Mitchell. Creedence Clearwater Revival. Good classics, good summer music.

    Then (slowly) ease into some Metallica, and Tool, with some classic Manson, and Slipknot.

    love.

    ReplyDelete